Friday, November 12, 2010

All I wanna do is....Dance!

While reading a lovely email from my good friend Tricia, who is studying to be an awesome make-up artist (in theatre) at the Cinncinati Conservatory, I started thinking..Do I want to go to grad school? Sure I think it would only further my talents more and bump me a little higher on the look what I can do scale...but she tapped into my own inner fear...DANCE! It terrifies me when thinking of my future.
I started this blog about three times already and erased it all three times. I kept starting out with..."I cant dance very well".."I wish I could dance better"..."I wish I would have taken dance as a kid"...and I got tired of reading my own bawl baby words. Geez! Get over it already Amanda! You didnt take dance as a kid and yes it isnt your strongest talent by any means...but for god sakes stop bitching about it and do something about it!!
Ive quickly realized that I always find something to scare me or make me pause and think twice about things. When I was a music major it was piano. I wasnt good and I always went into it thinking I wasnt going to do well. Now that Im a theatre major its dance. I always think "Damn it, I suck at this!"  When what I need to be thinking is "Ok, this is my weakest point, try as hard as you can!" I shouldnt let things intimidate me and stop me from doing what I want to do.
So...Ive decided I need to quite whining like a little baby and get over it! I need to take some damn dance classes and continue to try to better myself! There, simple as that, push myslef and shut the hell up! Dance classes here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Remember when you thought you could never act? Now you're so good! You can do ANYTHING when you set your mind to it. I know because I saw your tap dancing solo in Rocky Horror! I hope that you will remember me when you are dancing into a life of notoriety!

    ReplyDelete