Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hey mama rock me.....

Jeremy and I were able to come home for a week for thanksgiving, and what a godsend it has been! I was able to stop through Emporia for a day and have some much needed time with my amazing friends. I've always known I had wonderful friends, but recent event's in my life have proved just how amazing they really truly are! Some of them I knew I adored but I didnt really realize how close I was to them. A lot of my friends have really stepped up and provided much needed comfort and support and I could'nt thank them enough!

We went to see the midnight premiere of Harry Potter and it was a lot of fun! I bought this phermone (sp) perfume at my bacholerette party last March and we passed it around and tested it on everyone! Jeremy didnt believe that it would smell differently on every person. It's supposed to bring out your natural phermones so essentially you have your own unique perfume! It's pretty awesome. Just like I said it would, everyone had a different scent. Some people smelled spicy, musky and me personally fruity!

Im sitting at my Dad's right now and were going through a bunch of old family pictures and artifacts he's getting out of storage. It's pretty amazing. I never knew my parents together as a couple. Today I found a bunch of pictures of my Mom and Dad at the beginning of their relationship, their wedding (my mom decked out in a gray sweat suit and my dad in jeans) and pictures of us as kids. It made me really happy to see proof of this family that once existed. On the T.V old country music is playing. I remember waking up listening to my Mom cleaning to country music. It's such a wonderful memory.

Is'nt it funny how quickly life passes? I heard someone say today they were 24 and they had wasted a quatr of their life. That was a scary thought. I look back at all of these old photos and school report cards and I think, "Man, I remember this like it was yesterday". I also thought things like "What?!  I actually thought I was fat then? I wish I could look like that now!" lol There were some pretty pictures and some fairly embarrissing pictures as well. I would say that from the age of 2-14 I was not so pretty! 

Being in Hutchinson has really provided me some time to look back on my family memories. I have been a truly lucky girl and I have a feeling it will only get better from here! Look out world here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment