Monday, January 31, 2011

There's No Place Like Home!

Im finally updating my much needed blog!

Jeremy and I are back in KS and school is underway! Woohoo! Its great to be back!! Those last few weeks in Iowa were pretty testy. I know most of you know, but Jeremy and I bought a fifth wheel to live in while we were in Iowa. We werent planning on doing so, but no one would let us sign a lease for 5 months, plus we had dogs so a double wammy. Its cool says Jeremy "We'll just buy a fifth wheel!". I must admit I was a little weary at first, however after seeing a few of these things I was pretty impressed. Were not talking about a shitty weekend summer only camper. We got ourselves a four seasons!! :) We were pumped and ready to set out on our wonderful once in a lifetime experience! I mean isnt this seriesouly what thousands of people every year retire too?
Our first few months in our lovely home was great! We were still in KS! See, Emporia has a full time all year round RV Park with laundry facilities and showers as well (just incase). It was also June. The first month or so in Iowas was fine, no problems. It only went down hill from there (living wise). Jeremy loved his job and that part of the trip was amazing for him! Plus we got to experience our first blizzard! I mean a real blizzard not what us KS folks call a blizzard, but a real blizzard!! lol Fast forward a few moths to November. I dont know if you know or not but, Iowa is quite a bit colder than KS, especially a town only 13 miles away from Minnesota! The begining of November wasnt so bad our space heaters were keep up ok. Unfortunately it kept getting colder. So, we finally tried to turn our furnace on, and no such luck!Thatsucked! It only got worse when finally our water froze. For the last 2-3 weeks we had no water. It could be worse right?! Sure, but still it wasnt fun. Unfortuntely without water that means no potty. Talk about planning human functions! Jeremy "Make sure you use the bathroom, Amanda before we leave the theatre!". That was interesting. Luckily the theatre had showers available so that was cool.
To make matters worse, the heater in our car went out and I can tell you, that really sucked! It was freezing! But, there was a solution. If there was anytime I was proud of my "white trash" heritage, it was now!  We pulled the car up really close to the theatre, took an extension cord and our space heater, and placed it in the car long enough to warm it up! Problem solved!! For five minutes anyway! Finally the last few days we returned home to a thawed freezer and ruined food!! ugh!
  I think Iowa was trying to kick us out and I will gladly say, There's no place like home!!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! That sounds ROUGH. So glad you guys are back in KS safe and sound! What an experience, huh?! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete